Vector Control Supv #2100624
Vector Control Supv #2100624
Posted on 08/03/2021
Primary Location: MARSHALL ISLANDS-OCONUS-KWAJALEIN ATOLL
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The Vector Control Supervisor supervises a team of technicians that perform detection, prevention and control of mosquitoes, rodents and anything that transmits viral or parasitic disease.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Plan, execute and evaluate vector control and preventive maintenance schedules, either personally or through assigned staff
- Maintain maps, photographs and records of each site and treatment applied
- Analyze, develop and recommend long and short range goals and methods for specific programs
- Develop fiscal data for programs implementation and maintenance
- Collect analyses and interpret data for use in reporting and recommending corrective action and for information purposes
- Evaluate status of equipment and facilities
- Schedule needed pesticide and/or herbicide applications
- Maintain inventory of chemicals, such as herbicides and insecticides
- Develop safety manual and procedures for vector control function
- Prepare records, reports and other specialized maintenance records, including photographic records of facilities and equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Hold current certification as a pesticide applicator in accordance with Army Regulation AR 200-5, “Pest Management” or hold specific state license
- Knowledge of environmental laws, rules, regulations, test data and related recommendations
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to vector control operations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective preventive maintenance programs, policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain effective record keeping procedures
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion
- Ability to communication effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors and vendors
- Knowledge of mosquito biology, chemistry and math sufficient to perform duties
- Knowledge of general biology sufficient to deal with rodents such as rats, mice and pigeons
- Skill in the operation of listed tools and equipment
- Maintains certifications required for pest control
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in biological or environmental health sciences. Two (2) years experience in an associated field may be substituted for each of the four (4) years of college.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in vector control.
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Facilities / Maintenance / Repair (Full-time)
|Security Clearance||NACI |
|Posting Date||03/02/2021 |
|Job Number||2100624 |