Primary Location: MARSHALL ISLANDS-OCONUS
Security Clearance: NAC-I
Under general supervision, the MWR Technician coordinates activities required to operate Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) facilities
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Provides exercise guidance, testing, prescription, and supervision to MWR users and teaches group exercise classes
- Plans, and assigns work of host country national attendants in MWR facilities
- Monitors and organizes the use of MWR facility computers, phones, and other office equipment
- Arranges maintenance and provides very basic technical support for MWR facility computer hardware and software
- Assists with health program delivery
- Maintains monthly health bulletin boards and educational materials
- Provide management assistance
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- CPR and first aid certification is preferred
- Knowledge of exercise science, health and fitness
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience involving the coordination of organized team sports, recreation club activities, and social event scheduling. MWR armed forces experience preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
Human Resources (Full-time)