Primary Location: MARSHALL ISLANDS-OCONUS-KWAJALEIN ATOLL
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The Locksmith Lead installs, repairs, rebuilds, and service mechanical or electrical locking devices using hand tools and special equipment.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Disassembles locks such as padlocks, safe locks and door locks.
- Repairs or replaces worn tumblers, springs and other parts.
- Removes broken keys and repairs malfunctioning locks.
- Cuts keys by code or duplication.
- Maintains key and combination records.
- Installs and repairs locks on furniture, cabinets and other items.
- Fits and installs doors and related hardware.
- Installs or repairs hydraulic door closers and electronic door operators using hand and power tools.
- Performs electronic access control programming and manages electronic access system databases.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains electronic access control systems, components and hardware.
- Orders parts and supplies and maintains inventory records.
- May assist in training lower-level workers.
- Performs other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the standard methods, procedures, and various types of locks and tools used in the installation, maintenance, and repair of locks, doors and hardware.
- Knowledge of the latest locks, locking systems and electronic security devices.
- Knowledge of electronic access standard methods and procedures used in the installation and programming of electronic access systems.
- Knowledge of access equipment, card access control panels, card readers, infra-red readers and other electronic access equipment.
- Knowledge of typical control strategies utilized in electronic building access applications.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of locksmithing.
- Skill in the use and operation of various hand and power tools.
- Skill in the installation of locks, doors, and hardware.
- Skill in diagnosing the cause of lock and door malfunctions.
Experience & Education
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of locks, including one (1) year equivalent to a Locksmith.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
Building Construction / Skilled Trades (Full-time)