Primary Location: MARSHALL ISLANDS-OCONUS-KWAJALEIN ATOLL
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The Journeyman Electrician installs and maintains low-voltage (480/277, 600 volts) and below (50/60 HZ) single and multi-phase power wiring. Installs feeder and branch circuits including conduit, service wire, fuse and breaker panels, switches, outlets, junction and outlet boxes, lighting fixtures, splices, connectors, and ground wiring for red and black installations. Ensures that the material used and workmanship meets the requirements of the applicable technical and safety standards.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Performs power quality measurements on the commercial and technical power of the facility and plans actions for correction of any deficiencies.
- Participates on teams installing complex communications equipment; provides guidance to team members on proper electrical connection and grounding requirements.
- Contributes electrical design input to engineering installation plans and engineering change proposals.
- Use customer quality assurance procedures to ensure that the material used and workmanship meet the requirements of applicable customer specification, criteria, procedures, and technical /safety standards.
- Manages and participates in team installing power and grounding for complex communication equipment, ensuring proper electrical connection and grounding.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Familiarity with provisions and applications of the National Electric Code (NEC) and ability to select and install domestic and foreign materials and devices under the NEC.
- Knowledge of electromagnetic compatability (EMC) principles and how they apply to the installation and operation of mission and support systems.
- Command of fluent English, including the ability to read, write, and comprehend technical documentation, schematics, and diagrams written under the American National Institude Standards (ANSI).
- Ability to install feeder and branch circuits including conduit, service wire, fuse and breaker panels, switches, outlets, junction and outlet boxes, lighting fixtures, splices, connectors, and ground wiring for red and black installations.
- Capability of measuring electrical properties such as resistance, inductance, capacitance, electrical potential and current flow.
- Able to perform all duties to ensure timely, courteous and quality support to customer or customer affiliates.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma and relevant formal electrical trade school training.
- Licensed as a Journeyman Electrician or military equivalent.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience with installation and maintenance of low-voltage (480/277, 600) volts and below (50/60 HZ) single and multiphase power wiring.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Able to maneuver in small spaces and lift up to 50lbs.
Building Construction / Skilled Trades (Full-time)