Primary Location: MARSHALL ISLANDS-OCONUS-KWAJALEIN ATOLL
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The Fire Systems Manager is responsible for managing all fire systems. Manages the inspection, maintenance and preventive maintenance programs. Manages and enforces technical orders and good commercial practices for fire alarm systems, water-based systems and special hazard systems throughout the base.
- Develops, implements, and manages overall operations and preventative maintenance program.
- Develops, implements, and manages inspection program, establishes frequencies to ensure all facilities are inspected.
- Ensures all fire systems are maintained in a state of 24 hours-a-day operational readiness. Manages and provides training for tradesmen to ensure effective performance in assigned tasks.
- Serves as fire systems quality control representative to monitor work performance and confirm compliance with contract standards.
- Assigns duties and inspects work of tradesmen, ensuring safety training, code compliance and statutory standards.
- Performs project reviews, inspection of projects and acceptance tests to determine fire system reliability.
- Interprets instrument and meter readings; wiring diagrams, schematics, drawings and technical publications.
- Manages the ordering of resupply parts for the fire systems department and maintain adequate inventory of needed parts.
- Prepares various management and technical reports.
- Expertise with the use of applicable test equipment.
- Reviews accuracy of work reports.
- Performs other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) certified
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, and specifications operational/product manuals.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prefer Degree in a technical field from an accredited college or university
- Ten (10) years of experience in fire alarms, or water-based or special hazard systems including the inspection, testing, and maintenance
- NICET Level III – Fire Alarm Systems, or Water-Based Systems or Special Hazard Systems certification required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Able to lift at least 30 to 50 pounds
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
Fire Fighter / Prevention Worker (Full-time)