Primary Location: MARSHALL ISLANDS-OCONUS-KWAJALEIN ATOLL
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The Diver is primarily responsible for conducting underwater surveys and recoveries, operate hyperbaric chamber, and perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Assists in the planning and execution of underwater surveys and mission recovery operations.
- Operates hyperbaric chamber, as required.
- Acts as a tender for hyperbaric medical treatments.
- Performs scheduled, unscheduled or emergency maintenance and repairs on equipment assigned to Dive Locker.
- Performs assigned tasks in an underwater vessel and in confined spaces.
- Operates vessels assigned to the Dive Locker as required based on training.
- Ensures the appropriate use of personal protective equipment for the job task being performed.
- Repairs and maintains all local buoys and moorings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of using a variety of hand tools such as drills, torches and welding equipment typically required for water vessel repair.
- Ability to work with little supervision and displaying mature judgment.
- Understanding and following directions.
- Able to work cooperatively and safely with others on common projects.
- Additional knowledge/skill requirements may be required by assignment or contract.
Experience & Education
- Minimum of three (3) years previous commercial diving experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a U.S. certified commercial diving or U.S. military diving school.
- Ability to pass a diving physical consistent with OSHA Commercial Diving Regulations (29 CFR 1910, Subpart T) or U.S. Coast Guard Regulations (46 CFR 197, Subpart B).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with suitable driving record.
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Work assignment may include extended periods of time off shore.
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
Logistics / Transportation (Full-time)