Primary Location: MARSHALL ISLANDS-OCONUS-KWAJALEIN ATOLL
Security Clearance: NAC-I
The CAD Drafter III is responsible for performing professional computer aided drafting and design (CADD) work, developing departmental plans, maps, projects and reports.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Perform AutoCAD design work, including engineering drawings, coordination with the surveyor’s data, and other technical services as required for CAD design.
- Engineering Management will provide assignments and timelines to the CAD Drafter.
- Attend department meetings. As required, participate in pre-construction / kick-off meetings.
- Develop of engineering drawings and designs, perform drafting duties, and interpret rough engineering sketches to produce working drawings using manual and CAD techniques. Produce architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, and electrical drawings.
- Supports all engineering and architectural disciplines with detailed drawing support for design projects
- Review digital survey information, field notes and sketches to determine what the information is indicating and what approach needs to be taken to create a comprehensive plan
- Coordinate with the land surveyor to research and locate existing map data (maps and other published information) to support the creation of new plans
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager
Knowledge & Skills
- Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD 2017 (or later version) and Microsoft Office
- Has working knowledge of computer networks and be able to install, maintain, operate and troubleshoot large format plotters
- Ability to accurately read design drawings and calculate shapes (geometric, etc.) also required
- Must have the capability to tie all surveys/maps to geodetic monuments set by the US Government for both horizontal and vertical control
Experience & Education
- Associates degree (A.A.S.) from a two‐year technical school with an emphasis in computer aided design and a minimum of five (5) years of related work or industry experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
Building Construction / Skilled Trades (Full-time)